It's important that you take responsibility and precautions for your personal safety and wellbeing when travelling internationally. Here are some general tips to help ensure everything goes smoothly during your trip.
- Research government travel advisories before finalising your destination
- Check with your embassy for any travel warnings and/or special visa requirements
- Apply for any required visas or entry permits with plenty of time to avoid any delays
- Look up the contact details for emergency services in your chosen destination
- Visit your health care professional before your trip for the most up to date health recommendations
- Check the food and water regulations (e.g. before you drink the local tap water, make sure that it is safe)
- Research any local laws or regulations that may affect your stay (eg. in some countries, you may be asked to show a marriage certificate in order to stay in the same room as your spouse)